Sunday, April 6, 2008

#13 Tagging, folksomonies & social bookmarking in Del.icio.us

Del.icio.us as a website, reminds me of many other social portal sites such as Digg.com. Del.icio.us on the other hand as a bookmarking tool is a good tool to use for those of us that have bookmarks on our home computers and work computers. Or if you share a computer with your kids or spouse, your bookmark list on your computer can become overwhelming rather quickly.

In the early days, used to create my own HTML pages with link lists myself. This was easy to update and maintain. I could also style and layout the link lists how I wanted them (as you can see....I am a bit of a control freak), rather than to just have a drop-down list in your navigation window of your browser.

Del.icio.us can be a useful tool to share and research links and subjects among co-workers or family and friends.

My only negative comment would be that it is yet another online tool that you need to create an account.....log in.....and maintain.

No comments: