Sunday, April 6, 2008

#11 A Thing About LibraryThing

LibraryThing is a useful tool for cataloging your collection of books, or books you have read. I didn't know how many of my books would be online, but I found a good collection. My "library" consists more of design and web design books rather than the traditional fiction and non-fiction books.

One of my favorite (offline) programs for my Mac is Delicious Library. It allows you to catalog your books, CDs and DVDs on your personal (Mac) computer. One feature that I love is that you can 'scan' your item by the barcode on the back with your built-in iSight camera and it will pull all the information about the book, CD or DVD from Amazon.com online. It also interfaces with the built-in Address Book program, so you can log who has what and when they borrowed it from you.

No comments: